He may well be the smartest person in the world.
With an IQ of 230, Terence Tao was taking college maths courses at 9 and received a PhD from Princeton at the age of 20.
Results, from IQ testing the world's population:
- One percent had an IQ above 135
- Five percent had an IQ between 125 and 135
- Sixty-six percent had an IQ between 85 and 115
- Five percent had an IQ between 65 and 75
- One percent had an IQ under 65
- Twenty-two percent either never showed up or were the folk with IQs between 115 and 125; and between 85 and 75.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Someone asked the question:
"Oh yes ... so like 4.875 billion people did this test?"
A sample would have been taken of the human population. For example, let's say invitations were sent out to a sample size of 100,000 people to appear for IQ testing; and as a result, only 78,000 bothered to show. Thus I wrote: "Twenty-two percent either never showed up or were the folk with IQs between 115 and 125; and between 85 and 75."
If anyone else has a question, please feel free to ask.
photo credit: Wikipedia