Thursday 3 April 2014

Celebrity Obsession


  

Two seemingly unrelated incidents happened to me recently. The first was watching a movie called Antiviral (written & directed by Brandon Cronenberg). This rather offbeat and whacky story is about the nightmarish scenario where celebrity-obsessed fans are wishing to be injected with viruses from their superstar idols.



A few days after watching this, I received an email from a young woman informing me that she was keen to star in Thwart should Nicole Kidman be unavailable. Not long afterwards, I began wondering if maybe I had myself been somehow intoxicated/seduced by this whole celebrity razzle-dazzle.

After giving this matter some thought, I have decided to no longer show any sort of favoritism towards celebrities or non-celebrities. From now on I have decided to be completely impartial regarding fame, celebrity and such matters.

Thus, any woman (famous or not famous, a Hollywood starlet or a regular person) who would like to star in Thwart, please write--in a few hundred words or so--the following:


Why I should star in Thwart rather than Nicole
By ______________

I feel I should star in Thwart rather than Nicole because ...



And email it to me.

(onnney at gmail dot com)

   

1 comment:

Lois C. Henderson said...

Possibly, the writing skills of your budding starlet are not up to her sufficiently well justifying her being given the role. One should, perhaps, take track record into account here, no matter how amateur the production(s) in which she has previously taken part.

Post a Comment